While the live webinar is not until Wednesday, May 4, 2011, space is limited to the first 1,000 to join that day, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.
From daguerreotypes to digital imaging dilemmas, this webinar covers everything a family photographer needs to know about caring for photographs. Topics include printing and sharing digital images, and how to safely label grandparents’ pictures.
About the presenter
In 1978, Maureen Taylor fell in love at first sight–with a shiny metal photograph known as a daguerreotype.
The people looked real and touchable as if they could step out of the frame into the present. In a moment, all the history she’d studied and the families she researched came together. She knew this was not infatuation, but the real thing.
She’s never looked back. As a photo curator, genealogist, and now as a writer and photo identification/preservation expert, the focus of Maureen’s work remains family photography, history and genealogy. Through PhotoDetective.com, she’s dedicated to helping those who share her infatuation with discovering the stories behind images of the past.
Maureen Taylor is an internationally recognized expert on the intersection of history, genealogy, and photography. She has been featured in top media outlets, including The View, Better Homes & Gardens, the Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, MSNBC, New Morning (Hallmark Channel), Life Magazine, DIY: Scrapbooking, PBS Ancestors, Claritin’s Moment of Clarity, Creative Memories’ Lasting Moments, Dear Myrtle, and Satisfaction Magazine. Maureen is the author of a number of books and magazine articles, as well as a contributing editor at Family Tree Magazine.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
Our other upcoming webinars
- Wednesday, March 2, 2011. More Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE. Register here.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2011. Backing up your Genealogy Data with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
- Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Building a Research Toolbox with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 30 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes.
Post a Comment