As we mark the 150th anniversary of the war between the states, learn what life was really like during that era—for the soliders who fought and died in the conflict, as well as the civilians they left behind at home. Take a virtual trip back to the 1860s with the author of the new book Life in Civil War America to discover what your ancestors wore, said, ate, earned, did for fun and more!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
2:00pm Eastern, 1:00pm Central, 12:00pm Mountain, 11:00am Pacific
What you’ll learn:
* How soldiers passed time off the battlefield
* What songs and clothing were popular during the era
* How shortages affected prices and availability of goods
* And many more intriguing facts!
Who should attend:
* History buffs curious about Civil War life beyond the battlefield
* People tracing Civil War ancestors
* Teachers seeking social history knowledge to supplement Civil War curriculum
* Anyone interested in learning about this important era in American history
Registration for the live session includes:
* Participation in the live presentation and Q&A session
* Access to the webinar recording to view again as many times as you like
* PDF of the presentation slides for future reference
* Coupon for purchase of Life in Civil War America or 2011 Civil War desk calendar
SIGN UP TODAY!
** By signing up for this Family Tree University Webinar, you will automatically be signed up to receive Family Tree Magazine & Family Tree University's email newsletter, plus updates and special offers from Family Tree Magazine and carefully selected partners.