April 2, 2012 will be a busy day for genealogists in the U.S. as the images for the 1940 United States census are released to the public. Learn the strategies needed to find the images you want, especially during the first few weeks before the images are indexed. Besides tips and tricks, you'll also learn what information was collected during the 1940 U.S. Census and how it can help your genealogy research.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 2PM Eastern U.S., so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Join at least 15-20 minutes early to ensure your virtual seat.
About the presenter
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 2,000 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors. Through his business High-Definition Genealogy, Thomas is available for speaking engagements, workshops and other events. In addition, he can appear via WebEx for virtual presentations and distance education events. High-Definition Genealogy also performs market research within the genealogy industry and has proven track-record of mapping out the genealogy industry landscape for clients seeking to transact business and interact in the field.
He is the author of:
He is the author of:
- Google for Genealogists webinar-on-CD.
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data webinar-on-CD.
- Building a Research Toolbox webinar-on-CD.
- Dropbox for Genealogists webinar-on-CD.
- Google Docs for Genealogists webinar-on-CD.
- Google Forms for Genealogists webinar-on-CD.
- Facebook for Genealogists webinar-on-CD.
- Finding Ancestors Amid the Rubble of Disaster and Misfortune webinar-on-CD.
Thomas will also be the speaker for the following webinars in 2012:
- Researching Your New York Ancestors, May 30. Click here to register.
- Wikis for Genealogists, August 8. Click here to register.
- Privacy and Our Ancestors, October 3. Click here to register.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!