Among the tens of thousand of individuals that have already experienced the novelty of genetic testing for ancestral or genealogical purposes, many are still wondering about the real benefits that such testing may bring to their family history repertoire. Whether you have been already tested and are still wondering about what all those letters and numbers from your genetic genealogy report mean, or whether you are contemplating if DNA testing for family history is something for you, this webinar, presented by Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation's Ugo Perego, will offer you some online tools that are available to interpret your results and get the most out of your genetic testing. We will also focus on a few successful DNA genealogy cases and conclude with a description of consultation services available to those that think genetic genealogy is an exciting field, but fear it is too complex of a tool to them.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 2PM Eastern U.S. (1pm Central, 12pm Mountain, 11am Pacific/Arizona, 7pm Rome), so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Join at least 15-20 minutes early to ensure your virtual seat.
About the presenter
Dr. Ugo A. Perego is a senior researcher for the non-profit Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation and a scientific consultant for GeneTree.com, both located in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is also an adjunct faculty in the biology department at the Salt Lake Community College. Dr. Perego received a BSc and a MSc in health sciences from Brigham Young University and a PhD in genetics and biomolecular sciences from the University of Pavia. He has more than ten years of experience in researching, lecturing, and publishing about DNA and its use in population migrations, genealogy, and history.
He is the author of:
He is the author of:
- The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships webinar-on-CD.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 7pm GMT/Rome
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!