We have two exciting webinars for you next week - Researching Your German Ancestors by Kory Meyerink (Wednesday June 6) and Genealogy Idol (Saturday, June 9). Registration (free) is available for both at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp.
Researching Your German Ancestors by Kory Meyerink, AG
More Americans have German ancestry than any other ethnic group and German research sources are some of the most detailed and helpful in all of Europe, so what are you waiting for? Most German families can be documented back to the 1600s and this webinar will help you get started. You don’t need to speak German or travel to Germany to have wonderful research success. We’ll cover the basics, including the language, records, places and the tools you need to begin your journey to find your German ancestors.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 2PM Eastern U.S., so register today to reserve your virtual seat.
The second-ever Genealogy Idol competition will be held Saturday, June 9, 2012. The three finalists have now been chosen and the winner will be decided by YOU! All you have to do is register for the live event (free), watch the 1-hour competition from your computer, and vote. In the three rounds of competition, the three contestants will demonstrate their gen-tech expertise and try to woo you with their favorite gen-tech secrets. Everyone will learn - but only one will leave with the title of "Jamboree Genealogy Idol 2012" AND a Flip-Pal mobile scanner.
Legacy Family Tree's Geoff Rasmussen will host the competition which will be broadcast live via the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree in Burbank, California on Saturday. Contestants are: Gale French, Texas; Tammy Hepps, New York; and Tessa Keough, Oregon.
The one-hour competition will feature three rounds of topics. Each contestant will have five minutes to impress you with their demonstrations. Regardless of whether you will be in a seat at Jamboree or in a virtual seat from your home, you will see and hear it all - live! At the very end, YOU, the online audience will decide the winner by voting using the webinar's poll technology. Everyone will go home a winner, but the one with the most votes will go home with both the title of "Jamboree Genealogy Idol" and a free Flip-Pal Mobile scanner.
The live webinar is scheduled for Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 11AM Eastern U.S. (8AM California time), so register today to reserve your virtual seat.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early (30 minutes or so) as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!