"I wish everyone had to watch this seminar to be on social media!" is how Donna, one of our viewers today responded to Thomas MacEntee's webinar, Staying Safe with Social Media. I completely agree. Thomas covered topics such as:
- Is your birth date public?
- Ways you can stay safe
- Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Namechk, and more
- Do you really know your friend's friends?
- What you should avoid online
- Should you click on the links in an email to accept a friend request?
- What about copyright?
- 10 rules for creating a hacker-resistant password
- And more
The Q/A session was just as good. After Thomas demonstrated his password-creation methods, one viewer wrote, "that's the best trick I've seen in a long time."
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of Staying Safe with Social Media is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It is available for free until July 2, 2012.
Own your own copy of Staying Safe with Social Media by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the 1 hour 30 minute recording of the class, the complete Q/A session, and 5 pages of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Browse all 11 of Thomas MacEntee's webinar CDs here.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of safe that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, June 25, 2012.
- Digital Images for Genealogists and Technologists: scanning, digitizing, editing, and preserving your photos with Geoff Rasmussen. June 27.
- The Quest for your English Ancestors with Claire V. Brisson-Banks. July 11.
- Plan Your Way to Research Success with Marian Pierre-Louis, July 18.
- The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You? with Thomas MacEntee, July 27.
- Neglected History by Megan Smolenyak, August 1.
- Wikis for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. August 8.
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today with Barbara Renick. August 22.
- Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence, with Judy G. Russell, CG. August 29.
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists with Lisa Alzo. September 5.
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!