You may be getting good results in your genealogical research but you could get even better results by using a research plan. A research plan will help you focus your time and energy and save you from researching something twice. Popular webinar speaker, Marian Pierre-Louis, will show you how to create and use research plans to fine tune your research and get you back on track.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Due to the pre-registration numbers, if you want to attend the live session, please join at least 30-40 minutes early to ensure your virtual seat. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Marian Pierre-Louis is a genealogical writer and speaker who specializes in southern New England research (Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts). Born and raised in Connecticut, she has lived in Massachusetts for almost 20 years. Marian has three generations of recent family ties to Rhode Island and also links to some very old Rhode Island lines. As a result, these three states have become the focus of her research activity. Unlike most genealogists, Marian is spoiled to spend most of her time working with original records. You will most often find her researching at a town hall, registry of deeds, probate court or the local cemetery. It’s a rare day that Marian has to sit in front of a microfilm reader.
Marian is actively engaged in social media. You can find her starting conversations on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. She frequently speaks on New England topics including house history research, social media, African American research and a broad range of genealogical topics. She is the author of several blogs including:
Her website is www.FieldstoneHistoricResearch.com.
She is the author of:
- Discovering Your Massachusetts Ancestors webinar-on-CD
- Researching Your Connecticut Ancestors webinar-on-CD
- Brick Walls: Cracking the Case of Nathan Brown’s Parents webinar-on-CD
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Beginners webinar-on-CD
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!