The recording of today's webinar presented by Thomas MacEntee, The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Should You Use? is now online to view. Thomas covered these topics:
- What is the Genealogy Cloud?
- How the Cloud works
- Overview of Cloud Computing Programs
- Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
- File Hosting Sites for Genealogists
- Security, Privacy & Collaboration Issues
- Genealogy Cloud Best Practices
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You? is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It will be available until August 6, 2012 for free.
Own your own copy of The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You? by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the 1 hour 30 minute recording of the class, the complete Q/A session, and 9 pages of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of cloud that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Neglected History by Megan Smolenyak, August 1.
- Wikis for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. August 8.
- Researching with Geoff - LIVE! August 17.
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today with Barbara Renick. August 22.
- Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence, with Judy G. Russell, CG. August 29.
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists with Lisa Alzo. September 5.
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!