The recording of last night's webinar presented by Megan Smolenyak, Neglected History is now online to view for a limited time. Megan walked audience members through a handul of cases she has been working on to show how with a little patience, a healthy dose of curiosity, and knowledge of which records are available, any of us can ferret out the truth about our ancestors. She taught about:
- City directories
- Immigration records
- Census records
- Social Security Death Index
- Cemetery records
- and much more
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 9 minute recording of Neglected History is now available to view in our webinar archives.
Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It will be available until August 13, 2012 (Geoff's birthday!) for free.
Pre-order the webinar-on-CD
Own your own copy of Neglected History by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the complete 1 hour 9 minute recording of the class. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of history that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, August 6, 2012.
Want even more Megan?
Visit her website at www.megansmolenyak.com, or purchase her products:
- Reverse Genealogy: Finding the Living webinar CD
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- Hey, America, Your Roots Are Showing
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Wikis for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. August 8.
- Researching with Geoff - LIVE! August 17.
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today with Barbara Renick. August 22.
- Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence, with Judy G. Russell, CG. August 29.
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists with Lisa Alzo. September 5.
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!