Geoff’s at it again – he recently discovered an obituary which appears to be the key to unlocking the mystery of one of his ancestral families. In fact, he believes he will finally crack the case of what happened to three of Martin Brown’s daughters (female ancestors – so hard to track sometimes aren’t they!). He’s going to wait and take the next step in front of a live webinar audience.
You are invited to watch as he first demonstrates how to scan the obituary, shows where to save the digital image on his hard drive, sets up the source clipboard, and evaluates and adds the new information to his real, personal Legacy family file. He will next come up with his research plan, add it to Legacy’s To Do List, and begin the unscripted, unrehearsed research – live! You will probably also learn about census searching techniques (and its data entry), searching the Social Security Death Index and other online databases and much more. With this kind of instruction, you will get a peek inside the mind of a professional researcher that may give you some new ideas or solidify the research techniques you have developed.
In preparation for this webinar, download and print the handouts which include a copy of the obituary and the family group record.
Join us for the live webinar on Friday, August 17, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He recently received the Distinguished Presenter Award at the prestigious RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City (2011). He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello and basketball. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.
Geoff is the author of:
- The Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family Tree: PLUS Research Advice, News, Views, and Technology Tips
- Legacy Family Tree Video Training CDs - Volume 1
- Legacy Family Tree Video Training CDs - Volume 2
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically webinar-on-CD
- Mapping Software for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Organizing and Sharing Digital Images webinar-on-CD
- Digital Images: Scanning, Editing, and Preserving Your Photos webinar-on-CD
- Navigating the New Census Tools in Legacy Family Tree webinar-on-CD
- Watch Geoff Live series
- East Tennessee Teax Records Index, volumes 1, 2, and 3 (a fascinating read...)
- The Rasmussen Legacy
- The Genealogy Daily Calendar
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, August 17, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!