Today’s genealogists can often solve problems that stumped them just a decade ago by combining computer and classic resources. This webinar, taught by popular speaker and author, Barbara Renick, focuses on advanced search techniques and new ways to use them.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Barbara Renick teaches at national genealogy conferences and the FamilySearch Center in Orange, California; was a contributing editor for the National Genealogical Society computer magazine for eleven years; authored Genealogy 101: How to Trace Your Family’s History and Heritage sponsored by NGS for their 100th Anniversary; and currently serves on the NGS Board of Directors as secretary. The ‘Z’ Links page at her ZRoots.com Web site is very popular among genealogists who use it as their browser home page.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!