The recording of today's webinar, Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists, by Lisa Alzo, is now available to view for a limited time. Lisa taught, "finding one record is not the end. It is usually a springboard to another record or document." She taught how to find other clues in passenger lists and recommended that we take a second look at the documents we've already discovered. We are likely to find something new that didn't seem important to us at the time of discovery. She also provided numerous websites, articles, and books to help us in our quest for our immigrant ancestors. Well done Lisa Alzo!
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It will be available until September 17, 2012 for free.
Pre-order the webinar-on-CD
Own your own copy of Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the complete 1 hour 30 minute recording of the class, the question/answer session, and 4 pages of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase. For a list of all of Lisa's webinar CDs, click here.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of immigrant that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, September 10, 2012.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!