With all the news about privacy, identity theft and the role of access to vital records, have you ever considered that in 2012 most of us (at least here in the United States) have more privacy than our ancestors? As a result of living in the digital age ruled by the Internet and social media, is there really less privacy than in prior years? In fact, the reverse is true. Learn what type of information about your ancestors was public and how to find it!
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
When Thomas MacEntee is not busy writing blog posts, organizing the 2500+ members ofGeneaBloggers, teaching online genealogy webinars and more, Thomas MacEntee is busy in his role as “genealogy ninja.” Stealth is not always easy, but Thomas manages to get the inside track on emerging technologies and vendors as they relate to the genealogy industry. After being laid off from a 25-year career in the tech industry in 2008, Thomas has been able to “repurpose” his skill set for the genealogy community and loves to see other genealogists succeed, whether it is with their own research or building their own careers in the field. You can reach Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his site at High-Definition Genealogy.
Thomas is the author of:
- Google for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data webinar-on-CD
- Building a Research Toolbox webinar-on-CD
- Dropbox for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Google Docs for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Google Forms for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Facebook for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Finding Ancestors Amid the Rubble of Disaster and Misfortune webinar-on-CD
- Navigating the 1940 U.S. Census webinar-on-CD
- Researching Your New York Ancestors webinar-on-CD
- Staying Safe Using Social Media webinar-on-CD
- The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program is Right For You? webinar-on-CD
- Wikis for Genealogists webinar-on-CD
- Legacy QuickGuide®: New York Genealogy
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment