Learn how to identify your U.S. Civil War ancestors and what information can be found in the Civil War records in a free webinar by returning webinar speaker and board-certified genealogist, Michael Hait. This is one of my (Geoff's) favorite topics, and Civil War records are one of the greatest resources in America.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Michael Hait, a board-certified genealogist, has over ten years of research experience on families from Connecticut to South Carolina to Tennessee. He serves as the vice-president of the National Capital Area chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists. He is the author of The Family History Research Toolkit and the brand new Online State Resources for Genealogy. He is also the author and instructor for the "Research: African-American Ancestors" course at the National Institute of Genealogical Studies and the coordinator of the resource library for Lowcountry Africana.
Visit his website at www.haitfamilyresearch.com.
Michael is the author of:
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!