Join us this Wednesday for a free webinar, Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin? presented by Linda Geiger. She will present tips for the beginning genealogist or family historian including organization skills, home sources, personal interviews, and jurisdiction of some original records.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Linda Woodward Geiger is a Certified Genealogist and Certified Genealogical Lecturer. Linda and J. Mark Lowe are principles of the Regional In-depth Genealogical Studies Alliance (RIGS Alliance). RIGS Alliance conducts interactive learning sessions and hands-on-research focusing on original documents and manuscripts at regional archives. Linda specializes in southeastern federal records and Georgia’s state and county records. She is also recognized for her work documenting Cherokee Heritage and research with the Georgia chapter of the Trail of Tears Association.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!