As difficult as Irish research is, we can overcome its hurdles if we have a better understanding of the idiosyncrasies of Irish given names, surnames, and place names. Our speaker, Judy Wight, solved the case of Delia Holland - in Ireland she was known as Bridget Houlihan. This webinar discusses situations you may encounter with names and places and provides resources for overcoming these problems.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Judith Eccles Wight graduated from Brigham Young University. She is an AG (Accredited Genealogist researcher) specializing in Irish and Scottish research. From 1990-2001 she worked as a British Reference Consultant at the Family History Library. She is a published author in many genealogical periodicals and is a popular genealogical lecturer and teacher. She is founder, past president and forever board member of Ulster Project-Utah, an ecumenical peacemaking organization that brings Catholic and Protestant teens from Northern Ireland to various established centers in the U.S.
She is the author of:
- The Three Cs of Irish Research: Civil Registration, Church Records, and Census Records webinar-on-CD
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall: Estate Records webinar-on-CD
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment