The recording of today's webinar, Online Genealogy: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, by Linda Woodward Geiger, is now available to view in our webinar archives for a limited time. Linda gave us a nice potpourri of genealogical sites and some excellent cautions and reminders about using and evaluating online sources.
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 27 minute recording of Online Genealogy: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is now available to view in our webinar archives for a limited time. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch.
Pre-order the webinar-on-CD
Own your own copy of Online Genealogy: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the complete 1 hour 27 minute recording of the class, 3 pages of handouts, and complete Question/Answer session. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of linda2 that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- YouTube Your Family History by Devin Ashby. February 6.
- Pre-1850 U.S. Research Methodologies by Karen Clifford. February 13.
- Making the Most of Canadian Census Records by Kathryn Lake Hogan. February 20.
- Annie Moore of Ellis Island - A Case of Historical Identity Theft by Megan Smolenyak. February 27.
- Behind the Cheese Curtain: A Look at Wisconsin Genealogy Resources by Thomas MacEntee. March 6.
- Blogs: Easy-to-Make Web Pages by DearMYRTLE and Carrie Keele. March 8.
- Breaking Down Your Irish and Scottish Brick Wall in the New Poor Law Records of Scotland by Judy Wight. March 13.
- Evidence: Guidelines for Evaluating Genealogical Evidence by Linda Geiger. April 3.
- That First Trip to the Courthouse by Judy Russell. April 10.
- A Treasure Trove of Irish Websites by Judy Wight. April 17.
- What's New at FamilySearch by Devin Ashby. April 24.
- Researching your Roots in Rhode Island by Maureen Taylor. May 1.
- Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE. May 3.
- Land Records Solve Research Problems by Mary Hill. May 15.
- Ten Hidden Resources Every Genealogist Should Know by Lisa Alzo. May 22.
- The New Frontier in Genetic Genealogy: Autosomal DNA Testing by Ugo Perego. May 29.
- The Genealogy of Your House by Marian Pierre-Louis. June 5.
- Get What You Came For: New Search Options Let You Target Obituaries, Photos, Passenger Lists, Births, Marriages, and More by Tom Kemp. June 12.
- Next Exit: Your New Jersey Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee. June 14.
- How Knowing the Law Makes Us Better Genealogists by Judy Russell. June 26.
- Canadian Ports of Entry: Ship Passenger Lists, Immigration Records, and Border Crossing Records by Kathryn Lake Hogan. July 10.
- Research in the Old Line State: An Overview of Maryland Genealogy by Michael Hait. July 17.
- Top Ten Techniques for Finding More in Library Catalogs by Barbara Renick. July 19.
- Top 21st Century Genealogy Resources - A Baker's Dozen by Tom Kemp. July 24.
- Direct Your Research with City Directories by Maureen Taylor. July 31.
- Captured For All Time: Recording Family Voices to Preserve and Pass Down by Marian Pierre-Louis. August 7.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy FamilyTree by Geoff Rasmussen. August 14.
- Colonial Immigrants: Who They Were and Where They Came From by Mary Hill. August 28.
- Getting the Most from Your Records: Putting Them Through the Wringer! by Linda Geiger. September 4.
- More Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE. September 6.
- You Use WHAT for Genealogy? by Thomas MacEntee. September 11.
- Don't Be an Audio Hog: Free and Easy Ways to Share Your Audio Files by Marian Pierre-Louis. September 18.
- Using Church Records to Identify Ancestors by Mary Hill. October 23.
- Using Court Records to tell the Story of our Ancestors' Lives by Judy Russell. October 30.
- Ancestry Trees Can Jump Start Your Research by DearMYRTLE. November 1.
- Researching with Marian! Creating a Research Plan with YOUR Research by Marian Pierre-Louis. November 6.
- Researching Your Ohio Ancestors by Lisa Alzo. November 13.
- Mind Mapping Your Research Plans and Results by Thomas MacEntee. November 20.
- How Computers & Gadgets are Changing Genealogy by Barbara Renick. December 4.
- Overcoming Lost Records Using Technology by Karen Clifford. December 18.
See you online!
Post a Comment