If you have a brick wall in Ireland or Scotland, the new Poor Law Records of Scotland may help. Join us for a free webinar with Accredited Genealogist, Judy Wight, on Wednesday, March 11, 2013.
Brenda Collins in her book, The Origins of Irish Immigration to Scotland in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, claims that over 300,000 people from Ireland went to Scotland between 1790 and 1850. Another million fled Ireland and settled in Scotland and England during the second half of the 19th century. The new poor law records of Scotland contain incredible genealogical information about the people who ended up in this welfare system. This webinar will review the records one can find.
Join us for the live webinar on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com
to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here
and then click on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
About the presenter
Judith Eccles Wight graduated from Brigham Young University. She is an Accredited Genealogist researcher (AG) specializing in Irish and Scottish research. She worked as a British Reference Consultant at the Family History Library from 1990-2001. She is a published author in many genealogical periodicals, and is a popular genealogical lecturer and teacher. Judy is founder, past president and forever board member of Ulster Project-Utah, an ecumenical peacemaking organization that brings Catholic and Protestant teens from Northern Ireland to various established centers in the U.S.
She is also the presenter of:
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!