Join us this Wednesday AND Friday to hear from two of our favorite webinar speakers, Maureen Taylor and DearMYRTLE. On Wednesday Maureen will present "Researching Your Roots in Rhode Island" and on Friday DearMYRTLE will present "Blogging for Beginners."
Wednesday - Researching Your Roots in Rhode Island by Maureen TaylorRhode Island may be the smallest state but it offers genealogists a wealth of resources that date back to 1636 on the city, county and state level. While some resources are online, this webinar will also explore how to find what you need in local collections. Maureen Taylor spent more than a decade working at the Rhode Island Historical Society. You may know her as the Photo Detective, but she loves the Ocean State as much as a picture.
Friday - Blogging for Beginners by DearMYRTLE
Step-by-step approach to creating a blog, and making postings using the free service at Blogger.com. A great way to share genealogy research, post your society's newsletter, share info with extended family members. The webinar will also feature a survey of sample blogs, and links for additional help. Topics include:
- What is a blog?
- Creating a blog in three steps
- Creating posts (articles)
- Genealogy blogs
- How does a blog work?
- Reading blogs with Google Reader
- Blogger's dashboard
- How to add an image
- Schedule blog postings
- Using draft mode
- Advanced settings
- How to get help
- Advice for professionals
Webinar Reminder: Join us for the live webinars on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 and Friday, May 3, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinars will be live on Wednesday, May 1 and Friday, May 3, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!