Join us this Wednesday AND Friday for two exciting genealogy webinars presented by two Lisas - Lisa Alzo and Lisa Louise Cooke. On Wednesday Lisa Alzo will present "Ten Hidden Resources Every Genealogist Should Know" and on Friday Lisa Louise Cooke will present "Google Search Strategies for Common Surnames."
Wednesday - Ten Hidden Resources Every Genealogist Should Know by Lisa AlzoGenealogists are creatures of habit. We tend to research the familiar - using the most common, popular, or convenient databases or records. But there are plenty of other resources available - if you know where to look! In this Webinar, we'll review ten you might be missing!
Friday - Google Search Strategies for Common Surnames by Lisa Louise Cooke
Discover tips and tricks to find your ancestors with common surnames and surnames that double as common words in the English language with Google. Learn how to weed out irrelevant search results to save time and get to what you want faster. Then save and automate your searches to run for you! You’ll not only improve your searches, but also improve the chances that the information you post online will be found by other genealogists facilitating collaboration!
Webinar Reminder: Join us for the live webinars on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 and Friday, May 24, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinars will be live on Wednesday, May 22 and Friday, May 24, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment