Join us this Wednesday AND Friday for two exciting genealogy webinars presented by two of genealogy's finest - Michael Hait and Barbara Renick. On Wednesday Michael Hait will present "An Overview of Maryland Genealogy" and on Friday Barbara Renick will present "Top Ten Techniques for Finding More in Library Catalogs."
Wednesday - Research in the Old Line State: An Overview of Maryland Genealogy by Michael HaitEstablished in 1634, Maryland has a long and storied history. In this presentation, you will learn about the major repositories in Maryland, the common record groups, and techniques for researching in Baltimore city as well as the rest of the state.
Friday - Top Ten Techniques for Finding More in Library Catalogs by Barbara Renick
Most genealogists go to library Web sites, find the online catalog, make a search using that catalog's basic search features, and assume they have found everything. Not only are there many ways to use online library catalogs for genealogical research, but such sites often provide access to a wide variety of additional resources and databases.
Webinar Reminder: Join us for the live webinars on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 and Friday, July 19, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinars will be live on Wednesday, July 17 and Friday, July 19, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!