Join us this Wednesday AND Friday for two exciting genealogy webinars presented by two of genealogy's finest - Linda Geiger and DearMYRTLE. On Wednesday, Linda will present "Getting the Most from Your Records: Putting Them Through the Wringer!" and on Friday DearMYRTLE will present "MORE Blogging for Beginners."
Wednesday - Getting the Most from Your Records: Putting Them Through the Wringer by Linda Geiger
You’ve found the document, now put it through the wringer. Consider: genealogical standards, provenance, jurisdiction, possible biases, etc.
Friday - MORE Blogging for Beginners by DearMYRTLE
Continuing the discussion about free online software at Blogger.com to get your message out to the world. This sessions topics include adding gadgets such as links to other websites, adding book suggestions from Amazon.com, removing the blogger search bar and inserting a Google Search box to make it easier for your readers to find previous postings.
Watch Myrt's companion webinar, Blogging for Beginners, here
Webinar Reminder: Join us for the live webinars on Wednesday, September 4, 2013 and Friday, September 6 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free for the first 7 days after the live event. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access for the duration of their membership.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinars will be live on Wednesday, September 4 and Friday, September 6:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!