Come join well-known genealogy educators Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee as they team up to offer a unique education event: Get Your Genealogy Groove Back Boot Camp! On Saturday, January 25, 2014, you’ll be able to learn how to tackle the nagging issues that can suck all the fun out of family history research.
- Do you always start the year off setting genealogy goals but you never seem to follow through?
- Are you overwhelmed with the amount of data involved with genealogy research – to the point of walking away?
- Want to develop better habits to manage genealogy projects and actually complete them?
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content, handouts and freebies for the low price of $12.95! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar for up to one year!
Register by Monday, January 20, 2014 and receive $3 off the registration price for a low $9.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
ScheduleSaturday 25 January 2014
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
Note: If you attended the last Hack Genealogy Boot Camp in November, many participants asked for a later start time - we are starting one (1) hour later than last time.
- 11:00 am EST /10:00 am CST
Welcome / Meet & Greet
- 11:15 am EST / 10:15 am CST
Genealogy Goals: How to Set Them, How to Keep Them
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
- 12:30 pm EST/11:30 am CST
- 1:00 pm EST /12:00 pm CST
Managing the Genealogy Data Monster
- 2:30 pm EST / 1:30 pm CST
Closing and Thank You
WebinarsGenealogy Goals: How to Set Them, How to Keep Them
Presented by: Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Want to make 2014 your best genealogy year ever? Whether you desire to improve your research skills, find new cousins, break through a brick wall, or finally write that family history, this session will show you effective ways to set realistic and attainable goals, and offer tips and tricks to help you achieve them.*
* Attendees will also receive a free Ancestor Tracking Chart in downloadable PDF format.
Managing the Genealogy Data Monster
Presented by: Thomas MacEntee
It is so easy to let the large amounts of data involved with genealogy overwhelm you – to the point that family history research is no longer fun! Learn how to tackle the three main problem areas of genealogy data: research data, project data and file data so you can put the fun back in your research!
We’ll cover the basics of working “smarter” instead of “harder” when it comes to managing genealogy data. Topics include setting up genealogy projects and tracking them to completion, using a research log to track research, and how to better manage your genealogy data files.*
* Attendees will also receive free data management templates for genealogy projects and a genealogy research log.
Presenter BiosLisa Alzo
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer with over 20 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of nine books, including: Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle, Internet Genealogy, APG Quarterly, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” blog http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Thomas Mac Entee
When he’s not busy writing blog posts, organizing the 3,000+ members of GeneaBloggers.com, teaching online genealogy webinars and more, Thomas MacEntee is busy in his role as “genealogy ninja.” Stealth is not easy, but he manages to get the inside track on emerging technologies and vendors as they relate to the genealogy industry. After being laid off from a 25-year career in the tech industry in 2008, Thomas has been able to “repurpose” his skill set for the genealogy community and loves to see other genealogists succeed, whether it is with their own research or building their own careers in the field.
How To RegisterReady to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to go to PayPal and make payment or click here. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive links to register for each webinar. You must register for both webinars if you want to participate in both webinars.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the passwords for each webinar as well as links to all the handouts and freebies to you can review them before we start.
- After the webinars, all registrants will have access to the recordings for personal use for a period of one (1) year. Recordings will be hosted on Vimeo and set to play only on a specific page here at Hack Genealogy. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Terms and ConditionsPlease read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee