Wow, even I got choked up during this webinar. The recording of today's enjoyable and emotional webinar, "Family Stories: Using Newspapers to Reconnect with the Stories of Your Family's Past" by Tom Kemp is now online to view for free for a limited time. A few comments from our viewers:
- The most moving examples of newspaper stories I have ever seen, and Tom has the most mellifluous voice, so they are also the most moving I have ever heard.
- Fascinating stories that are available to round out the people. Will have to go back to his previous webinars for the how to, especially the citations.
- The stories were all so touching and I could almost feel the emotions that they felt in their days.
- Wow!! needed the Kleenex today. Thank Tom and Geoff for another great webinar.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 27 minute recording of "Family Stories: Using Newspapers to Reconnect with the Stories of Your Family's Past" is now available to view in our webinar archives for free for a limited time. It is also available to our monthly or annual Webinar Members for the duration of your membership. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to watch.
Visit www.genealogybank.com/webinar for 25% off an annual membership. Offer expires February 16, 2014.
Special Discount Coupon
The special discount coupon of news3 that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything at both www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com and www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com through Monday, February 17, 2014.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 217 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 564 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- The Ties That Bond by Judy Russell. February 19.
- Cruising with Legacy Family Tree in 2014. February 21.
- Searching for Surnames: Challenges, Pitfalls and the Downright Ridiculous by Kirsty Gray. February 26.
- Genealogy and Technology - State of the Union by Barbara Renick. March 1.
- Using Google Earth for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. March 5.
- Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen. March 7.
- Some Lesser Known Irish Resources by Judy Wight. March 12.
- 50 Most Popular Genealogy Websites by Kory Meyerink. March 19.
- 7 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. April 2.
- Get Organized Using the FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System by Mary Hill. April 9.
- Estate Records - More Than Just Wills by Linda Woodward Geiger. April 11.
- Genealogy Evidence and Online Family Trees by Karen Clifford. April 16.
- The Homestead Act of 1862 by Thomas MacEntee. April 23.
- Google Glass and Family History by Devin Ashby. April 30.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. May 2.
- 50 Year View - What I've Learned Climbing My Family Tree by Tom Kemp. May 7.
- Photo Apps for Android, iPhones or iPads by Maureen Taylor. May 14.
- I Had My DNA Tested - Now What? by Ugo Perego. May 21.
- Using Tax Lists to Solve Genealogical Problems by Linda Woodward Geiger. May 28.
- German Internet Research: A Launching Place for Your Research. June 11.
- 10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Family History Narrative by Lisa Alzo. June 13.
- Copyright Mythconceptions by Judy Russell. June 18.
- Documenting Native American Families in 19th and 20th Century Records by Angela Walton-Raji. June 25.
- Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist? by Elissa Scalise Powell. July 9.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. July 11.
- When Freedom Came - Documenting the Family's Freedom Story by Angela Walton-Raji. July 16.
- Researching Your Illinois Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee. July 23.
- Researching Your Tennessee Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. August 6.
- Research Recharge - Turning Old Clues into New Leads by Lisa Alzo. August 8.
- Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database by Russ Worthington. August 20.
- Researching Your Italian Ancestors by Ruth Merriman. August 27.
- Researching Your Jewish Ancestors by Jennifer Alford. September 3.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. September 5.
- Success with Manuscript Sources by Barbara Renick. September 10.
- Evaluating Evidence and Resolving Discrepancies by Kory Meyerink. September 17.
- A Library at Your Fingertips - the Internet Archive by Maureen Taylor. September 24.
- The Fair Court: Records of Chancery Courts by Judy Russell. October 1.
- Overcoming Destroyed or Missing Records by Karen Clifford. October 3.
- Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! by Devin Ashby. October 8.
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
See you online!