The recording of today's excellent webinar, "7 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists," by Thomas MacEntee is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.A few comments from our viewers:
- Excellent tips - I particularly liked the virtual credit card as neither my husband nor I had heard of this.
- Awesome! Thomas MacEntee is great! I just love these webinars! I constantly tell people (whomever I meet) that is interested in Genealogy to definitely sign up for Legacy Webinars. I do Genealogy workshops with DAR and always recommend these as they are hands down the finest way to get educated on how to get into genealogy research! Thank you so very much!!
- Some good ideas I had not thought about before, esp the virtual credit card (knew about them but not how to access them) and turning my gift cards into Amazon credit. Great idea!
- Whenever Tom gives a webinar I have learned to prep...go to bathroom, have snack/drinks by computer, disable phone, hang sign on outside door to not disturb...as you do not want to be interrupted even a second!!! OOPS...also I make sure dog has been walked, fed, etc. Thank you again Tom for all of the great information!
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 22 minute recording of "7 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists" is now available to view in our webinar archives for free for a limited time. It is also available to our monthly or annual Webinar Members for the duration of your membership. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to watch. Its 4 pages of handouts are also available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers.
Special Discount Coupon
The special discount coupon of frugal that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything at both www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com and www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com through Monday, April 7, 2014.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 231 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 608 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Googling Around with Google and Other Fun Technology by Geoff Rasmussen. April 5
- Get Organized Using the FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System by Mary Hill. April 9.
- Estate Records - More Than Just Wills by Linda Woodward Geiger. April 11.
- Genealogy Evidence and Online Family Trees by Karen Clifford. April 16.
- The Homestead Act of 1862 by Thomas MacEntee. April 23.
- Google Glass and Family History by Devin Ashby. April 30.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. May 2.
- 50 Year View - What I've Learned Climbing My Family Tree by Tom Kemp. May 7.
- Photo Apps for Android, iPhones or iPads by Maureen Taylor. May 14.
- I Had My DNA Tested - Now What? by Ugo Perego. May 21.
- Using Tax Lists to Solve Genealogical Problems by Linda Woodward Geiger. May 28.
- 10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Family History Narrative by Lisa Alzo. June 13.
- Copyright Mythconceptions by Judy Russell. June 18.
- Documenting Native American Families in 19th and 20th Century Records by Angela Walton-Raji. June 25.
- Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist? by Elissa Scalise Powell. July 9.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. July 11.
- When Freedom Came - Documenting the Family's Freedom Story by Angela Walton-Raji. July 16.
- Researching Your Illinois Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee. July 23.
- Researching Your Tennessee Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. August 6.
- Research Recharge - Turning Old Clues into New Leads by Lisa Alzo. August 8.
- Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database by Russ Worthington. August 20.
- Researching Your Italian Ancestors by Ruth Merriman. August 27.
- Researching Your Jewish Ancestors by Jennifer Alford. September 3.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. September 5.
- Success with Manuscript Sources by Barbara Renick. September 10.
- A Library at Your Fingertips - the Internet Archive by Maureen Taylor. September 24.
- The Fair Court: Records of Chancery Courts by Judy Russell. October 1.
- Overcoming Destroyed or Missing Records by Karen Clifford. October 3.
- Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! by Devin Ashby. October 8.
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
See you online!