The recording of today's excellent webinar, "Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist?" by Elissa Scalise Powell is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free. A few comments from our viewers:
- Great! Have a whole new perspective on certification now. Very helpful!
- Even though I've gone through CG website, I learned a lot from this webinar. Very clearly and logically presented. Though my original goal wasn't to become certified, but simply to improve my skills, I began to realize that one leads to the other-- and opens up new possibilities for me. I am excited about working with other folks to help them understand their family trees.
- I've had friends and family members encouraging me to become certified. This definitely helped answer a lot of questions about the process for me. Thank you!
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of "Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist?" is now available to view in our webinar archives for free. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to watch. The 4 pages of supplemental syllabus materials are also available to download/print/save.
These standards apply to all genealogical research, whether shared privately or published. They also apply to personal research for clients, courts, and other employers. The standards address documentation; research planning and execution, including reasoning from evidence; compiling research results; genealogical education; and ongoing development of genealogical knowledge and skills.
Special Discount Coupon
The special discount coupon of cert14 that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything at both www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com and www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com through Monday, July 14, 2014.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 254 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 690 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Click here to subscribe.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. July 11.
- When Freedom Came - Documenting the Family's Freedom Story by Angela Walton-Raji. July 16.
- Researching Your Illinois Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee. July 23.
- Researching Your Tennessee Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. August 6.
- Research Recharge - Turning Old Clues into New Leads by Lisa Alzo. August 8.
- Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database by Russ Worthington. August 20.
- Researching Your Italian Ancestors by Ruth Merriman. August 27.
- Researching Your Jewish Ancestors by Jennifer Alford. September 3.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. September 5.
- Success with Manuscript Sources by Barbara Renick. September 10.
- A Library at Your Fingertips - the Internet Archive by Maureen Taylor. September 24.
- The Fair Court: Records of Chancery Courts by Judy Russell. October 1.
- Overcoming Destroyed or Missing Records by Karen Clifford. October 3.
- Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! by Devin Ashby. October 8.
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
Click here to register. Or click here register for multiple webinars at the same time.
Print the 2014 webinar brochure here.
See you online!