The Board for Certification of Genealogists and Legacy Family Tree Webinars entered into a new partnership. Legacy, host of the webinar series at FamilyTreeWebinars.com, is now serving as host, producer, and publisher for future BCG webinars. Prior BCG webinars are being posted on the BCG page at Family Tree Webinars as well.
The first webinar to be hosted by Legacy was “Another Kind of Navigation: GPS for Genealogy” by Shellee Morehead, PhD, CG, and is now available to view as a replay for free for a limited time. Previously held webinars that are now available on Legacy include:
- “Finding Your Early 1800s US Ancestor Online” by James M. Baker, PhD, CG
- “The Family Tapestry: Integrating Proof Arguments into the Genealogical Narrative” by Jeanne Bloom, CG
- “Elementary My Dear Watson! Solving Your Genealogy Puzzles with Clues” by James M. Baker, PhD, CG
- “Thinking About Becoming a Board-Certified Genealogist?” by Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
Access to these classes is available at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg
Held on the third of the month at Eastern when scheduled, BCG webinars are presented to educate and raise awareness of genealogy standards. Registration for live webinars will be available at http://bcgcertification.org/
blog/bcg-webinars and is currently open at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg . Registration is free and is open to the public. Upcoming webinars include:
- – “Finding Evidence of Kinship in Military Records” by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA
- – “Educational Preparation for Certification: May Paths to the Same Goal” by Angela Packer McGhie, CG
Recordings of BCG’s live webinars are available at both http://bcgcertification.org/
blog/bcg-webinars and at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg . Live webinars and their recordings are free for a limited time after the live event. Previous recordings are available with an annual or monthly membership to Legacy Family Tree Webinars.
Legacy Family Tree Webinars is a leader in the field of webinar production and management. BCG is excited to bring this level of technical quality and experience to its webinar series, which offers educational opportunities on topics of certification, genealogy standards, and methodologies.
For questions or more information contact office@BCGcertification.org.