Join us on Tuesday December 20th at 7:00 p.m. CST for:
Eight Common Mistakes That Genealogists Make and How to Avoid Them
- Presenter: Donald Schnitzler
- Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2016
- Time: 7:00 PM CST
- Webinar Description: This program highlights some of the common mistakes made by genealogists researching their family history as well as strategies that help overcome them. Discussion topics include basic research methodologies (alternate records selection tables), documenting and citing sources, use of research logs, and planning for the future.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize and Avoid common mistakes made in genealogical research
- Strategize for the best approach to finding the missing pieces of genealogical information
- Discuss and Apply elements of the Genealogical Proof Standard
- Acknowledge and Analyze inevitable contradictions in and between family records
- Consider possible approaches to “passing on” genealogical work
- Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3558432315931053058
After registering, you will receive an email with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar and handout information. Please remember that this is a first come first served webinar. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar.
Live webinars are free. Webinars are recorded and available in the members-only section of our website at: http://wsgs.org/cpage.php?pt=125