Registration for the 2017 webinars is now open! You’ll find a fantastic lineup of presentations and speakers and we hope you will join us for a wonderful educational experience.
The ISGS webinars, which are live lectures/presentations that you can attend via a computer with an internet connection, are held as a live broadcast on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM Central. The live broadcast of each webinars is FREE to the public. ISGS members who are unable to attend the live broadcast are able to access recordings of all past webinars through the Members Section of the ISGS website, to watch at their convenience.
ISGS 2017 Webinar ScheduleSo what does 2017 have in store? Here is our amazing lineup!
- January 10 – Finding Dirk: Records of Insane Asylums in Illinois Presenter: Jill Morelli Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1270444282472510721
- February 14 – Freedmen’s Bureau Records – Valuable to ALL Southern Research! Presenter: Diane Richard Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1351772958627269635
- March 14 – Nurse, Matrons, Laundresses & Cooks. Documenting Women in the Civil War Presenter: Angela Y. Walton-Raji Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8176273406953966595
- April 11 – Tracing Slave and Slaveowner Ancestors with DNA and Genealogy Presenter: Nicka Smith Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/878957669916352771
- May 9 – Cause of Death: Using Coroner's Records for Genealogy Presenter: Lisa A. Alzo Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1471706587473686019
- June 13 – Preserving Old Family Letters: Tips From An Archivist Presenter: Melissa Barker Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2682361248631831299
- July 11 – The Watchfires of a Hundred Circling Camps Presenter: Peggy Lauritzen, AG Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6586254248864499459
- August 8 – Ten Years is a Long Time: Census Substitutes for the In-between Years Presenter: Amy Johnson Crow, CG Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2394575075177831939
- September 12 – Luxembourgers on the Prairie: Researching your Luxembourg Ancestors Presenter: Lisa Oberg Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4916431437334451204
- October 10 – Funeral Homes and Family History: They're Dying to Meet You Presenter: Daniel Earl Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8619206168660919556
- November 14 – Illinois Gold: Hard to Find But Valuable Prairie State Resources for Genealogical Research Presenter: Thomas MacEntee Registration: Stay tuned!** ** GoToWebinar only allows scheduling less than one year in advance. Check back after November 14, 2016, for the registration link.
- December 12 – Ephemera: Genealogy Gold Presenter: Sharon S. Atkins Registration: Stay tuned!** ** GoToWebinar only allows scheduling less than one year in advance. Check back after December 12, 2015 for the registration link.
Additional Webinar Information
- All webinars take place at 8:00 PM Central time.
- For additional information on our webinar series, visit our ISGS Webinars page at http://ilgensoc.org/cpage.php?pt=227.
- You may also want to review our Webinar FAQs at http://ilgensoc.org/cpage.php?pt=316.
- Don't forget to spread the word! Forward this email onto your friends and colleagues, post the information to social media sites and/or your blog/website, or print out a few copies of our webinar flyer to hand out at your local society meetings. The flyer for the 2017 series can be accessed at http://bit.ly/isgs2017webinarbrochure.
© 2016, copyright Illinois State Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.