The recording of Wednesday's webinar "No Easy Button: Using “Immersion Genealogy” to Understand Your Ancestors" by Lisa Alzo is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Learn how to go beyond the same old research strategies through “immersion genealogy” to further understand your ancestors’ lives.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of "No Easy Button: Using “Immersion Genealogy” to Understand Your Ancestors" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 591 classes, 803 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 2,758 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (currently 50% off until August 20, 2017)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Sweden's Multiple Naming Systems and How They Changed in the 1800s by Martha Garrett, CG. October 6.
- Past Conflict Repatriation: The Role of Genealogists and Methodology in Fulfilling Our Nation’s Promise by Jeanne Bloom, CG. October 6.
- Reasonably Exhaustive Research of African American Families That Came Out of Slavery by LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG. October 6.
- Using Timelines for Correlation and Analysis by Jill Morelli, CG. October 6.
- Land, Licenses, Love Gone Wrong, and Other Assorted Courthouse Records by Ann Staley, CG, CGL. October 6.
- Systematically Using Autosomal DNA Test Results to Help Break Through Genealogical Brick Walls by Tom Jones, Ph.D, CG, CGL. October 6.
- Southern States Migration Patterns by Mary Hill, AG. October 11.
- Is Your Society Growing? Social Media may be your saving grace by Pat Richley. October 13.
- Databases, Search Engines, and the Genealogical Proof Standard by David Ouimette, CG. October 17.
- The WPA: Sources for Your Genealogy by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 18.
- Midwestern & Plains States Level Census Records by Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA. October 25.
- Filling in the In-Between of the Jewish BMD by Rose Feldman. October 29.
- Introduction to the Use of Autosomal DNA Testing by Tim Janzen. October 29.
- Google for Genealogy: Search Tricks to Tease Out Information by Jessica Taylor. October 29.
- Discover Your Family History with MyHeritage's Unique Technologies by Daniel Horowitz. October 29.
- How to Pass Your Ancestors' Legacy to Your Grandchildren by Jessica Taylor. October 29.
- Advanced Autosomal DNA Techniques used in Genetic Genealogy by Tim Janzen. October 29.
- Jewish Family Research Challenges by Garri Regev. October 29.
- Is this the End? Taking Your German Brick Walls Down Piece by Piece by Luana Darby and Ursula C. Krause. November 1.
- New York City Genealogical Research: Navigating Through The Five Boroughs by Michael L. Strauss, AG. November 8.
- Using Non-Population Schedules for Context and Evidence by Jill Morelli. November 10.
- British and Irish research: the differences by Brian Donovan. November 15.
- Research in Federal Records: Some Assembly Required by Malissa Ruffner, JD, CG. November 21.
- Understanding Alabama by Rorey Cathcart. November 29.
- Finding Your Roots in Catholic Records by Lisa Toth Salinas. December 6.
- I Thought He Was My Ancestor: Avoiding the Six Biggest Genealogy Mistakes by James M. Baker, PhD, CG. December 13.
- Finding Your Nordic Parish of Birth by Jill Morelli. December 15.
- The Law and the Reasonably Exhaustive (Re)Search by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL. December 19.
- Palmetto Pride - South Carolina for Genealogist by Rorey Cathcart. December 20.
- Problems and Pitfalls of a Reasonably Shallow Search by Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL. December 27.
See you online!