The recording of today's webinar, "Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees” by E. Randol Schoenberg is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Privacy remains a huge issue for many genealogists and their family members. Personal genealogy websites, as well as Online Collaborative Trees available at Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, WikiTree, WeRelate, FamilySearch and OneGreatFamily, each offer different levels of privacy protections. The lecture will discuss the varied approaches to the question of privacy, focusing especially on legal and ethical considerations. For example, how should a genealogist respond if someone says she does not want to be on your online tree? Should minors be allowed to use online genealogy platforms? Can the right to privacy ever be reconciled with online collaborative genealogy? As genealogists increasingly utilize public, or semi-public online collaborative genealogy platforms, these questions are becoming more common. The lecture will use real-world examples to analyze the problems and proposed solutions.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 17 minute recording of "Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees” is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 787 classes, 1,041 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 3,487 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
|Using Voting and Election Records to Find Your Ancestor||11/07/2018||Melissa Barker|
|Introduction to the Bayou State: Louisiana for Beginners||11/14/2018||Rorey Cathcart|
|Legacy 9 Unlocked (part 7): Adding Email Correspondence||11/16/2018||Geoff Rasmussen|
|Every Day Life of Our Ancestors||11/20/2018||Ann Staley CG CGL|
|Railroad Records and Railroad History: Methods for Tracking||11/28/2018||Paula Stuart-Warren CG FMGS FUGA|
|Legacy 9 Unlocked (part 8): The Smoking Gun||11/30/2018||Geoff Rasmussen|
|Ins and Outs of Indexes: Keys to Unlocking County and State Records||12/05/2018||Mary Kircher Roddy|
|Legacy 9 Unlocked (part 9): Adding an Entry from an Online Database||12/07/2018||Geoff Rasmussen|
|101 Ways to Design a Genealogy Chart||12/12/2018||Janet Hovorka|
|Citation for beginners||12/14/2018||Shellee Morehead PhD CG|
|Proving Identity and Kinship Using the GPS: Finding a Freedman's Family||12/18/2018||Nancy A. Peters CG|
|That Splendid Little War: Researching Your Spanish American War Ancestors||12/19/2018||Michael L. Strauss AG|
See you online!
Post a Comment