Legacy Family Tree Webinars, the leading genealogy and DNA webinar platform, announced today the addition of closed captioning to its service. Implemented as a full human-curated transcription via synced subtitles, closed captioning is now available as an option for all live and members-only webinar recordings released since May 1, 2018. In addition, the most popular 50 webinars on the platform and all MyHeritage-specific webinars have been captioned. Legacy will add captioning to all new webinars going forward.
“We are committed to providing the best genealogy and DNA education for all, including people who are hard of hearing,” said Geoff Rasmussen, founder and host of Legacy Family Tree Webinars. “Captioning is an excellent way to make online education more accessible, and is also a benefit to non-native English speakers who struggle with spoken English but have an easier time with written English”.
Legacy has exciting plans for 2019, which include the hosting of webinars in non-English languages as well as the translation of English captions to select foreign languages.
“When we acquired Legacy last year, we promised to invest resources to improve the webinar platform and increase its reach, while maintaining its high quality and unique character”, said Gilad Japhet, founder and CEO of MyHeritage. “The addition of closed captioning makes good on this promise and, with translated captioning coming up soon, will help make the webinars accessible to millions of people in Europe and other countries, true to MyHeritage’s goal of making genealogy and DNA testing available to huge consumer audiences worldwide”.
To access closed captioning, webinar viewers may click on the blue CC icon in the lower right-hand side of the video interface. A list of the 207 webinars already available with captioning is available here (or see list below).
Access to captions requires the viewer to log in with their annual or monthly webinar membership. Information about subscribing is found here. Captioning is also available for free for select free webinars, such as all 24 lectures from MyHeritage’s recent LIVE 2018 conference which took place in Oslo, Norway.
In addition to all webinars from May 1, 2018 onwards, the following popular webinars are also now available with closed captioning:
- Genealogy 101, a 3-Session course in beginning genealogy
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers
- Genealogy for Novices: Where do we begin?
Board for Certification of Genealogists
- FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solver's Great Trifecta
- Are You My Grandpa? Men of the Same Name
- Systematically Using Autosomal DNA Test Results to Help Break Through Genealogical Brick Walls
- Organizing Your Genetic Genealogy
- Strategies to Find the Most Challenging Ancestors with Autosomal DNA Data
- Foundations in DNA 1 of 5: Genealogy and DNA
- What's New at FamilySearch
- How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners
- Digging for Historical Records on FamilySearch
- Google Search Strategies for Common Surnames
- Using Google Earth for Genealogy
- New and Must-Have Google Tips for Genealogy
Legacy Family Tree
- Discover the new Legacy Family Tree 9
- Legacy Family Tree and FamilySearch Family Tree
- Legacy Family Tree for Complete Beginners
- Legacy 9 Unlocked (part 1): Your First Few Legacy Tips
- Did I Get Everything? Creating a Checklist for Genealogy Research
- Complex Evidence - What is It? How Does it Work? And Why Does it Matter?
- Debunking Misleading Records
- My Genealogy DO-Over - A Year of Learning from Research Mistakes
- 7 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists
- Picture This: Images You Can Freely Use
- Understanding DNA Matching Technology
- Perspectives on Combining Genealogy and Genetics
- 7 Unique Technologies for Genealogy Discoveries at MyHeritage
- The Paper-Less Genealogist
- Get Organized Using the FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System
- Tips and Tricks to Organizing Your Genealogy
Photos / Digital Images
- Complete Photo Restoration in 4 Easy Steps
- Smartphone-ography for Genealogists
- 25 Quick Photoshop Tips for Genealogists - Part one
- Foundations of Irish Genealogy
- German Internet Research: A Launching Place for Your Research
- Researching Your Ancestors in England and Wales
- Find Your Immigrant Ancestors AND their Relatives in the New York Passenger Arrival Records
- Introduction to German Parish Records
- Using Church Records to Identify Ancestors
- Microsoft Word Series - #1 Getting Started with Microsoft Word
- Windows 10 Survival Guide for Genealogists
- Using Evernote for Genealogy
- 50 Websites Every Genealogist Should Know
- A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List 2.0
- 50 Most Popular Genealogy Websites
Watch Geoff Live
- Watch Geoff Live: DNA
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding Online Records to Legacy
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Passenger Record
Writing and Publishing
- Proof Arguments - How to Write Them and Why They Matter
- Digital Writing Tools for Genealogists
- Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful
About Legacy Family Tree
Legacy Family Tree is the maker of Legacy Family Tree software and Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Since August 2017, Legacy Family Tree is wholly owned by MyHeritage. Legacy Family Tree Webinars, online since 2010, is a leading education platform that provides online classes to the general public via new webinars every Wednesday. Its webinars have revolutionized genealogy and DNA education by providing access to top industry experts through viewers’ home computers. The schedule of upcoming webinars can be viewed on www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com. Paying subscribers gain access to more than 825 streaming, on-demand genealogy classes on the platform.
Post a Comment