As family historians go through the library to their local genealogy department, many quickly bypass the library’s Government Document Section. All offices of our federal government compiled, printed, and disseminated an assortment of reports and maps. Over the years, the GPO sent these publications out to various regional and selective depository libraries. Many times these publications contain unusual and one of a kind information pertaining to people and their surroundings. Repeatedly these publications contain unusual and one of a kind information. This session demonstrates the type of information included in Government Documents, how to search, locate, and obtain these federal gems.
Join us and Patricia Stamm, CG, CGL for the live webinar Tuesday, June 18, 2019. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Not sure if you already registered?
Login to view your registration status for this webinar (available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers).
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Patricia Walls Stamm, CG, CGL is a St. Louis, Missouri researcher. She is a genealogical instructor for St. Louis Community College, Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research, and lectures on the local, state, and national levels. She served as Education Manager for the National Genealogical Society until 2018.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at:
- 8pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 7pm Central
- 6pm Mountain
- 5pm Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment