The next virtual conference is in January. We will be starting on the Friday afternoon again with a virtual tour of the life of Mary, Queen of Scots with Anne Daly of Mary’s Meanders. Anne is a wonderful storyteller. The tour will take us to Linlithgow Palace, where Mary was born, to Holyrood House where Mary lived and her husband was killed, Edinburgh Castle where her son James was born and Lochleven Castle where Mary was imprisoned. In addition we visit her holiday home at Falkland Palace and Stirling Castle where she was ensconced until she was 5 years old.
Talks on Saturday include:
- The Border Reivers – presented by Andrew Armstrong
- The Scots in Ulster – presented by William Roulston (this is for those who have “Scots-Irish” ancestors)
- Borderers in the High Court Records - presented by Margaret Fox
- An Introduction to the Scottish Jewish Archives – presented by Harvey Kaplan
- Women’s Suffrage in Scotland – presented by Donna Moore
To register: https://www.genealogyvic.com/BURNS-DAY-ViC