The recording of today's webinar by Jeanie F. Glaser, "Genealogy for Houses" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Learn how to read the features of a building as a multi-layered story and interpret them in a historical and ethnocultural context. Discover documentation from a wide variety of sources that will bring life and identity to your understanding of your four (or more!) walls. Questions we’ll learn how to answer include: How old is that house? Who built it and who lived there subsequently? Who added that wing in the back? Who did that weird thing to the floor, and why? Examples will focus on early vernacular dwellings from the mid-Atlantic region of the US, but the methods discussed can be applied throughout the United States to buildings of residential, ancillary, commercial, or industrial use.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour and 17 minute recording of "Genealogy for Houses" is now available to view in our webinar library for free. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,539 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,864 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)