The recording of today's webinar by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, "Federal Records Relating to Rivers and Canals" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
Many federal records pertain to the development and use of waterways in the United States. This lecture shows examples and explains the relevance of some of the applicable records found at the National Archives in Washington, DC, in its online holdings, and at its regional facilities like Chicago, Atlanta, Kansas City, and others. Photos and documents will be examined from diverse NARA record groups; for example, Records of the Office of the Chief of Engineers (RG 77), Records of the Inland Waterways Corporation (RG 91), and Records of the Bureau of Land Management (RG 49). Other examples come from holdings of the Library of Congress Serial Set and map collections. The process for finding these and similar records will also be explained.
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 16 minute recording of "Federal Records Relating to Rivers and Canals" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,596 classes of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,980 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
Post a Comment