Got Canadian ancestors? Don't miss this webinar by Claire Brisson-Banks, an accredited genealogist (AG). The key to good research in any country is understanding its history, records and resources. This class will review a timetable and discuss the differences in searching Canadian records versus US records. It will cover a mini-history of the country's growth, census, church, land, and probate records along with online and community resources.
Join us for the live webinar on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
About the presenter
Claire V. Brisson-Banks, B.S. MLIS, A.G.®, is a San Jose State University graduate 2010, accredited in England, a professional researcher for US/Canada, Scotland and Web 2.0 technology. The owner of Timeless Genealogies she is currently on staff at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah as a British Isles Research Consultant, a Technology Specialist and maintains the Facebook presence for the Family History Library. She is an ICAPGen board member and assistant treasurer, UGA Crossroads committee member along with a member of multiple societies and is published in various genealogical and academic publications.
Claire is the author of .
- The Quest for Your English Ancestors webinar-on-CD
- “The Social Media Guide for Ancestral Research: Using Web 2.0 Strategies”
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, November 9, 2012 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!