Mind mapping is a process of creating a diagram or flow chart of ideas and concepts. In this webinar presented by Thomas MacEntee, you will learn about automated mindmapping tools that let you see your research data in a new light. Do you have trouble planning a genealogy research strategy? What if you had an automated way to lay out concepts, variables and actions? Mind mapping can help you create an effective research plan as well as help you connect data points once the research is completed.
Join us for the live webinar Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
In preparation for the webinar, download Thomas' 4 pages of supplemental syllabus materials here. The include:
- Mind Mapping - A Brief Introduction
- How Mind Mapping for Genealogy Works
- A Sample Mind Mapped Genealogy Research Proof
- Mind Mapping Platforms
- Best Practices for Mind Mapping
- Resource List
The syllabus is available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers. Log in here or subscribe here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free for the first 7 days after the live event. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
When Thomas MacEntee is not busy writing blog posts, organizing the 2500+ members of GeneaBloggers, teaching online genealogy webinars and more, Thomas MacEntee is busy in his role as “genealogy ninja.” Stealth is not always easy, but Thomas manages to get the inside track on emerging technologies and vendors as they relate to the genealogy industry. After being laid off from a 25-year career in the tech industry in 2008, Thomas has been able to “repurpose” his skill set for the genealogy community and loves to see other genealogists succeed, whether it is with their own research or building their own careers in the field. You can reach Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his site at High-Definition Genealogy.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment