Genealogists love manuscript sources because they are often primary sources. Because of this interest many genealogical, historical, patriotic, and lineage societies seek out and publish manuscript sources. Typically, these sources are also found in archives, libraries, and private collections. Today's Internet makes many important finding aids for manuscript collections available online.
Join us for the live webinar, presented by Barbara Renick, Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Barbara Renick teaches at national genealogy conferences and the FamilySearch Center in Orange California; was a contributing editor for the National Genealogical Society computer magazine for eleven years; authored Genealogy 101: How to Trace Your Family’s History and Heritage sponsored by NGS for their 100th Anniversary; and has served on the NGS and APG Board of Directors. The ‘Z’ Links page at her ZRoots.com Web site is very popular among genealogists who use it as their browser home page.
Barbara's webinars in the archives:
- Genealogy and Technology - State of the Union
- How Computers & Gadgets are Changing Genealogy
- Top Ten Techniques for Finding More in Library Catalogs
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!