The recording of today's webinar, "Technology and Techniques for Differentiating Two People with the Same Name" which includes my live on-air discovery and the "Watch Geoff Live" after-party (adding a 1860 census record) by Geoff Rasmussen is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
Learn techniques for recording and organizing your research when you're not sure if you've got the right ancestor, or when you find several people with the same name. Get ideas for easily picking up old research and sharing your findings.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 57 minute recording of "Technology and Techniques for Differentiating Two People with the Same Name" INCLUDING the after-party is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Use webinar coupon code - samename - for 10% off anything at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com or www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com, valid through Monday, January 18, 2016.
This book is for genealogists and Legacy Family Tree users of all expertise. All levels of genealogists benefit from learning about how others do research. Long time Legacy users will enjoy the insights into the advanced features (especially the Shared Events!) and little tips and tricks along the way. Beginning Legacy users will not only begin to grasp what is possible in Legacy but they will learn to “do it right the first time.”
Published Aug 2013, PDF Edition: 236 pages, full color.
Published Aug 2013, PDF Edition: 236 pages, full color.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 294 classes, 440 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,298 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Snagit Software for Genealogists by Michael Brophy. January 15.
- The Basics of Virginia Research by Shannon Combs-Bennett. January 20.
- The Paper-Less Genealogist by Denise May Levenick. January 27.
- 7 Unique Technologies for Genealogy Discoveries at MyHeritage by Mike Mansfield. 1/29.
- The Scots-Irish in America by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen. February 10.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Word by Thomas MacEntee. February 17.
- Problem Solving with FANs by Beth Foulk. February 19.
- A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List 2.0 by Cyndi Ingle. February 24.
- The War of 1812 Records - Preserving the Pensions by Michael Hall. March 2.
- Making YDNA and mtDNA Part of Your Family History by Diahan Southard. March 4.
- How Do I Know That's My Ancestor? by Amy Johnson Crow. March 9.
- The Private Laws of the Federal and State Governments by Judy Russell. March 16.
- Introduction to German Parish Records by Gail Blankenau. March 23.
- Proof Arguments - How to Write Them and Why They Matter by Warren Bittner. March 30.
- Getting to Know Findmypast - Your Source for British and Irish Genealogy by Jen Baldwin. April 6.
- Confirming Enslaved Ancestors Utilizing DNA by Melvin Collier. April 8.
- U.S. Land Records - State Land States by Mary Hill. April 13.
- Fire Insurance Maps - The Google Maps of Their Day by Jill Morelli. April 20.
- England and Wales - Rummaging in the Parish Chests by Kirsty Gray. April 27.
- Google Drive for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. May 4.
- Dirty Pictures - Save Your Family Photos from Ruin by Denise Levenick. May 11.
- Messages from the Grave - Listening to Your Ancestor's Tombstone by Elissa Scalise Powell. May 13.
- Mining the Über-sites for German Ancestors by Jim Beidler. May 18.
- Discover American Ancestors (NEHGS) by Lindsay Fulton. May 25.
- Get the Most from AmericanAncestors.org by Claire Vail. June 1.
- Researching Your Washington State Ancestors by Mary Roddy. June 8.
- Introduction to the Freedmen's Bureau by Angela Walton-Raji. June 10.
- Ticked Off! Those Pesky Pre-1850 Census Tic Marks by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen. June 15.
- Digging Deeper in German Parish Records by Gail Blankenau. June 22.
- Circles or Triangles? What Shape is Your DNA? by Diahan Southard. June 29.
- Navigating Naturalization Records by Lisa Alzo. July 6.
- A Genealogist's Guide to Heraldry by Shannon Combs-Bennett. July 13.
- Finding French Ancestors by Luana Darby. July 15.
- Organize Your Online Life by Lisa Louise Cooke. July 20.
- Researching Women - Community Cookbooks and What They Tell Us About Our Ancestors by Gena Philibert-Ortega. July 27.
- The Germanic French - Researching Alsatian and Lorrainian Families by John Philip Colletta. July 30.
- Solutions for Missing and Scarce Records by Tom Jones. July 30.
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint by Thomas MacEntee. August 3.
- The Battle for Bounty Land - War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars by Beth Foulk. August 10.
- Homestead Act of 1862 - Following the Witnesses by Bernice Bennett. August 12.
- Successfully Applying to a Lineage Society by Amy Johnson Crow. August 17.
- Using Findmypast to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry by Brian Donovan. August 24.
- The Treasure Trove in Legislative Petitions by Judy Russell. September 14.
- Clooz - A Document-Based Software Companion by Richard Thomas. September 16.
- How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners by Devin Ashby. September 21.
- Beginning Polish Genealogy by Lisa Alzo and Jonathan Shea. September 28.
- AHA! Analysis of Handwriting for Genealogical Research by Ron Arons. October 5.
- Time and Place - Using Genealogy's Cross-Hairs by Jim Beidler. October 12.
- Finding Your Ancestors' German Hometown by Ursula Krause. October 14.
- Social History Websites That Bring Your Ancestor's Story to Life by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 19.
- Flip for Flickr - Share, Store and Save Your Family Photos by Maureen Taylor. October 26.
- Analysis and Correlation - Two Keys to Sound Conclusions by Chris Staats. November 2.
- Publishing a Genealogy E-Book by Thomas MacEntee. November 9.
- Dating Family Photographs by Jane Neff Rollins. November 16.
- Nature & Nurture - Family History for Adoptees by Janet Hovorka and Amy Slade. November 18.
- Multi-Media Story Telling by Devin Ashby. November 30.
- Becoming a Genealogy Detective by Sharon Atkins. December 7.
- From the Heartland - Utilizing Online Resources in Midwest Research by Luana Darby. December 14.
- Tracing Your European Ancestors by Julie Goucher. December 16.
- An Introduction to BillionGraves by Garth Fitzner. December 21.
See you online!
Post a Comment