You've briefly learned about the 2000+ scholarly journals available at JSTOR in previous webinars by Gena Philibert-Ortega, Lisa Alzo, and Judy Wight, and you've asked us to provide a full-length webinar to learn more about this incredible resource. Just this morning we got together with the senior marketing director of JSTOR and recorded the class just for you! It's now available in the webinar library - for free for anyone to watch at their leisure.
Need local history from colonial New England or Virginia? Need information about Scottish settlements in North Carolina? Need history of mining in Wales? Find remarkable research in JSTOR to place your family story in historical context. With 2,000+ scholarly journals, JSTOR is one of the most comprehensive and trusted research databases in the world. Learn how to navigate the rich JSTOR library—from peer-reviewed scholarly research to critical analyses of historical events to detailed book reviews. In addition to scholarly societies and academic presses, JSTOR works with more than 30 state and regional historical societies to archive the entire runs of their publications –from the very first issue published—to make available for searching, browsing, and reading.
This webinar joins 2 other excellent webinars about using periodicals already available in the library:
- History Lives at JSTOR by Sarah Kim (FREE)
- Getting to Know Findmypast - Your Source for British and Irish Genealogy by Jen Baldwin (FREE)
- Using Periodicals to Find Your Ancestors by Gena Philibert-Ortega (membership required)
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to all BONUS members-only webinars AND all of this:
- All 340 classes in the library (489 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 1,452 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year or $9.95/month.
We've got a brand new line up of speakers for 2016! All live webinars are free to watch.
Post a Comment