The recording of today's webinar, "Watch Geoff Live: Using Legacy to Assemble a Family" by Geoff Rasmussen is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
“Honey, I’ve got the divorce papers” didn’t come out of Geoff’s mouth how he intended when he showed his wife the package he received in the mail. It was a divorce case from 1879 which, although heartbreaking, began to unlock the identities of the children of Marsden and Jane Brown.
In this webinar, Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen will begin to document and assemble the family using records he recently discovered (divorce papers, census records, obituaries, and marriage records). You are invited to watch live as he adds the information to his personal Legacy family file. In this live, unscripted session, Geoff will talk his way through setting up the source clipboard, adding custom events, utilizing the To Do List, stitching multiple pages into a combined digital file, and adding the new information he found. Viewers will learn data entry and analysis skills for most efficiently using Legacy Family Tree to assemble ancestral families.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 40 minute recording of "Watch Geoff Live: Using Legacy to Assemble a Family" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Anyone can use Legacy Family Tree. It is simple enough for the beginner and powerful enough for the experienced. Without this book, you will probably discover some of the more powerful Legacy tools on your own...eventually...but why wait? In Legacy Family Tree - Unlocked! Techniques, Tips and Step-by-Steps for Using Legacy Family Tree to Record Your Genealogy you will learn how to better utilize some of Legacy’s best features by shadowing the research process of professional genealogist and Legacy Family Tree developer, Geoff Rasmussen:
- Shared Events
- Sources, SourceWriter, and the Source Clipboard
- To Do List
- Custom Internet searches
- Chronology View
- Soundex Calculator
- Digital pictures and other media
- Much more...
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 417 classes, 586 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,890 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- AHA! Analysis of Handwriting for Genealogical Research by Ron Arons. October 5.
- Enough is Enough. Or Is It? by Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists
- Bringing Life to Our Ancestors: Manuscript Collections by Jeanne Bloom, CG. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- FAN + GPS + DNA: The Problem-Solver's Great Trifecta by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- When Worlds Collide: Resolving Conflicts in Genealogical Records by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- Adoption for the Forensic Genealogist by Michael S. Ramage, J.D., CG. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- Black Sheep Ancestors and Their Records by Ann Staley, CG, CGL. October 7. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- Time and Place - Using Genealogy's Cross-Hairs by Jim Beidler. October 12.
- Finding Your Ancestors' German Hometown by Ursula Krause. October 14.
- Educational Preparation for Certification: Many Paths to the Same Goal by Angela Packer McGhie, CG. October 18. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- Social History Websites That Bring Your Ancestor's Story to Life by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 19.
- Flip for Flickr - Share, Store and Save Your Family Photos by Maureen Taylor. October 26.
- Analysis and Correlation - Two Keys to Sound Conclusions by Chris Staats. November 2.
- Publishing a Genealogy E-Book by Thomas MacEntee. November 9.
- Dating Family Photographs by Jane Neff Rollins. November 16.
- Nature & Nurture - Family History for Adoptees by Janet Hovorka and Amy Slade. November 18.
- Multi-Media Story Telling by Devin Ashby. November 30.
- Becoming a Genealogy Detective by Sharon Atkins. December 7.
- From the Heartland - Utilizing Online Resources in Midwest Research by Luana Darby. December 14.
- Tracing Your European Ancestors by Julie Goucher. December 16.
- An Introduction to BillionGraves by Garth Fitzner. December 21.
See you online!
Post a Comment