Wisconsin Research in a Nutshell
|Anne Kasuboski, MLIS|
- Date: Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016
- Time: 7:00 PM Central
- Presenter: Anne Kasuboski, MLIS, is an APG member with 35 years of experience in academic libraries and a Genealogical Research Certificate from Boston University. She has conducted genealogical research for others for over fifteen years, specializing in Wisconsin's Fox River Valley area, but also researches Polish, German, and Irish genealogy.
- Description: The webinar will explore both the standard -- and some not so standard -- resources for Wisconsin genealogical research, including:
• Vital records & their restrictions
• Local records—land, probate, courts
• The Wisconsin Historical Society & its collections
• The Area Research Center Network
• Digital Collections -- Wisconsin Digital Collections, the Recollection Wisconsin Project and the Found in Wisconsin Collection
• The Wisconsin State Genealogical Society
• Other repositories of local or ethnic information: Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies, and The Norwegian American Genealogical Center and Naeseth Library
• Church record availability
To register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6144934464201972737
Registering does not guarantee entrance to the webinar, in which space may be limited. Arrive early.
A recording of this webinar will be posted on the MnGS website, for members only.
Visit the Minnesota Genealogical Society on the web at www.mngs.org.
Post a Comment