Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Monday, August 28, 2017
Revolutionary War Series 1 of 5: The Revolution: More than just the War
Revolutionary War Series 2 of 5: The Participants in the War
Revolutionary War Series 3 of 5: Records Created by the Revolutionary War During the War
Revolutionary War Series 4 of 5: Records Created by the Revolutionary War After the War - Pensions
Revolutionary War Series 5 of 5: Records Created by the Revolutionary War After the War: Bounty Land
Friday, August 25, 2017
Getting Started in Genealogy -- What I Wish I Would Have Known when I Started
- Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Time: 7:00 PM Central
- Description: How do you get started in genealogy? How do you organize what you know? Learn tools for success such as pedigree charts and family history software, where to go, and how to avoid common assumptions that can lead you astray.
- Presenter: Kelli Bergheimer is a writer, teacher, and editor. Kelli holds a Master’s in Education: Curriculum and Instruction, and a Master’s in Business Management. Kelli runs three small businesses -- Writers Etc., Geo-Centric Learning, and Mess on the Desk, a genealogical organization company.
To register: http://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8851200927461379330
Registering does not guarantee entrance to the webinar, in which space may be limited. Arrive early.
A recording of this webinar will be posted in the members-only section of the MnGS website.
Visit the Minnesota Genealogical Society on the web at www.mngs.org.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Monday, August 21, 2017
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Last week's webinar, Ten Years is a Long Time: Census Substitutes for the In-between Years, presented by Amy Johnson Crow, CG, is now available to ISGS members in the Members Section of the ISGS website (http://ilgensoc.org/members.php).
- September 12 - Luxembourgers on the Prairie: Researching your Luxembourg AncestorsPresenter: Lisa Oberg
- October 10 - Funeral Homes and Family History: They're Dying to Meet You
Presenter: Daniel Earl
- November 14 - Illinois Gold: Hard to Find But Valuable Prairie State Resources for Genealogical Research
Presenter: Thomas MacEntee
Registration Procedure: There are only 500 available "seats" for each webinar and we have limited the number of registrations for each webinar to 650. Past experience has shown that approximately 30% of those who register don't attend a webinar. Recommendation: login to the webinar EARLY - access begins at 7:30 pm Central. Once the "room" fills up with 500 attendees, others attempting to join will receive a "room full" message.
Spread the Word: Forward this email onto your friends and colleagues, post the information to social media sites and/or your blog/website, or print out a few copies of our webinar flyer to hand out at your local society meetings. The flyer can be accessed at http://bit.ly/isgs2017webinarbrochure.
Make a Contribution: Support the ISGS Webinar program by making a financial contribution, which will help ISGS expand its educational offerings in a virtual manner. To learn why we need your help, or to make a contribution, please visit http://ilgensoc.org/cpage.php?pt=345.
Please direct any questions to the ISGS Webinar Committee at email@example.com.
The 2017 ISGS Webinar Series is Sponsored by FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org).