Our ancestors did not live in isolation, although we sometimes research them as if they did. They were part of a community of friends, neighbors, classmates and even co-workers. Whether they lived in big cities, small towns or rural farming communities, your ancestor's neighbors could help you with your research. Using records in archives could be the key to finding information about your ancestors through their neighbors.
Join us and Melissa Barker for the live webinar Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Not sure if you already registered?
Login to view your registration status for this webinar (available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers).
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Melissa Barker is a Certified Archives Manager currently working as the Houston County, Tennessee Archivist. She is also a professional genealogist lecturing, teaching and writing about the genealogy research process, researching in archives and records preservation. She conducts virtual webinar presentations all across the United States for genealogical and historical societies. She writes a popular blog entitled “A Genealogist in the Archives”. She is the Reviews Editor for the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) magazine FORUM. In 2016, she started a bi-weekly advice column entitled “The Archive Lady” that can be viewed at Abundant Genealogy. She has been researching her own family history for the past 26 years.
Add it to your Google Calendar
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment