Effective genealogical writing is based on standardized formats and numbering systems. Learn to understand the numbers you see in published genealogies and how to present your own findings in recognized formats. Discussion includes basic genealogical numbering conventions, including the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) Register system, National Genealogical Society (NGS) Quarterly system, Sosa-Stradonitz (Ahnentafel) System; and how to identify European ancestors.
Join us and the Board for Certification of Genealogists' Alice Hoyt Veen, CG for the live webinar Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 8pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Not sure if you already registered?
Login to view your registration status for this webinar (available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers).
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Alice Hoyt Veen, CG, is a board-certified genealogist and full-time professional researcher and educator. She is a sixth-generation Iowan whose genealogical specialties include Midwestern and territorial research, land records and military history. Alice serves as a trustee for the BCG Education Fund, an independent non-profit charitable trust, advancing the educational aims of the Board for Certification of Genealogists. Her website, www.prairierootsresearch.com, features a blog dedicated to Iowa genealogical and historical topics.
Add it to your Google Calendar
The webinar will be live on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at:
- 8pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 7pm Central
- 6pm Mountain
- 5pm Pacific
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Post a Comment