The recording of Wednesday's webinar, "Soldier’s Homes (1865-1930): Caring for our Veterans” by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
The National Home for Volunteer Soldiers, was established by an act of Congress in 1865. The purpose of the home system (initially called the National Asylum) was to provide for the care of the large number of wounded and disabled veterans from the Civil War. Records of kinship and other treasures abound in these records—over 400,000 records of these veterans are online free of charge. The home from its inception was intended to be more like a planned community of today, than a simple home and hospital. Extensive amenities and vocational training were provided. The largest branch and showpiece of the system was the Central Branch at Dayton, Ohio, Eventually growing to 11 homes or branches spread across the country, they are today Veteran’s Administration hospitals. Additionally, state and Confederate homes were established. We will also discuss strategies for finding these records.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 31 minute recording of "Soldier’s Homes (1865-1930): Caring for our Veterans" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,057 classes, 1,341 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 4,584 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
|Native American Research: Things You May Not Know||11/19/2019|
Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA
|MyHeritage's SuperSearch (German)||11/20/2019|
Silvia da Silva
|A la Karte: Borders, Maps and Gazetteers for German Genealogists||11/20/2019|
James M. Beidler
|No Will? No Problem!||11/22/2019|
|MyHeritage: les fonctionnalités à utiliser absolument (French)||11/25/2019|
|Genealogie voor beginners: hoe start ik mijn familiestamboom op MyHeritage? (Dutch)||11/25/2019|
|MyHeritage DNA - en oversikt (Norwegian)||11/26/2019|
|I Received DNA Matches, Now What?||11/26/2019|
|Buried Treasures: What's in the English Parish Chest||12/3/2019|
|Marriages Here, There, and Nowhere: Finding Gretna Greens and Borders||12/17/2019|
J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA
See you online!
Post a Comment