The recording of today's webinar by J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA, "Road Crews and Jury Selection: How To Find Where Our Ancestor Lived and Their Neighbors" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
“…Ordered by the Court that Cullen E. Sugg oversee the road in the room of Josiah Lawrence and that he with the following hands to wit. Josiah Lawrence, Matthew Williams, Benjamin Batts, Jesse Herring, William Deloach, Sugg Fort, Elias Fort, Hardy Grisard, Elias Lawrence, William Watson, George James, Alexander Gooch and Jesse Andrews, James Lawrence and all other hands residing within the bounds of said road keep said road in repair according to law…” [Robertson County Tennessee Minute Book 7, p 422]
What do these men have in common? Learning to recognize and understand information contained in county court minute books and order books along with other types of routine court records will require effort to determine the appropriate law regarding the entry and the prevailing tradition of the community. In order to have a better understanding of the laws in place regarding the construction and maintenance of roads, we should review the state laws in place at the time.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 22 minute recording of "‘Road Crews and Jury Selection: How To Find Where Our Ancestor Lived and Their Neighbors" is now available to view in our webinar library for free. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,243 classes, 1,481 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,008 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Post a Comment