The recording of tonight's webinar by Thomas MacEntee, "Smarter Search Strategies for Genealogy" is now available to view at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for free for a limited time.
The majority of genealogists begin their research online and often become frustrated with the lack of results. The cause might not be a lack of records at the specific site but the manner in which you’re performing the search! While basic search techniques work on all the major genealogy sites, you need to power up your search skills to get the most out of niche genealogy websites and uncover those hidden record sets! Participants will learn basic online searching for the major genealogy websites. We’ll progress to understanding specific search parameters for specific sites. Next, we’ll discuss whether it is worth the time to track searches as well as how to keep track of all the best ways of searching for a specific site. Finally, we’ll explore different wildcard characters and search methodology to get the most out of a website.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 25 minute recording of "‘Smarter Search Strategies for Genealogy" is now available to view in our webinar library for free. If you have a webinar membership, it is available anytime.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 1,247 classes, 1,485 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 5,008 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
Post a Comment