Saturday, August 1, 2020
Top 10 genealogy webinars - July 2020
We've tallied the numbers and made a list of the Top 10 FamilyTreeWebinars.com classes for July 2020! Are your favorite topics or instructors among the list? Need something new to learn? Use the list to get inspired!
Each month thousands of Legacy Family Tree Webinar subscribers head for the library to learn new skills and techniques to help improve their genealogy research. Among the now-1,328 genealogy classes in the members-only library, these were the most frequently played during the month of July 2020. They aren't necessarily the newest classes but rather the topics that were sought out by our members.
Have you seen any of these classes? Are these among your favorites too? Some of these classes (and topics) might be new to you! Get inspired to learn more and make your genealogy journey more fun!
The Top 10 for July 2020
1. 50 More Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
2. Turning dry facts into exciting narrative by Carol Baxter
3. Finding a Father for Molly - Using DNA by Jill Morelli, CG
4. Foundations in DNA 1 of 5: Genealogy and DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
5. Connecting the Dots – Introduction to Auto Clusters at MyHeritageDNA by Paul Woodbury
6. An Introduction to DNA Painter by Jonny Perl
7. 'What are the Odds?' An online tool that can help solve DNA puzzles by Jonny Perl
8. The 1939 Register for Family Historians by Fiona Brooker
9. Find Your Images Online with TinEye (TechZone) by Gena Philibert-Ortega
10. 50 Websites Every Genealogist Should Know by Gena Philibert-Ortega
11. Elusive Immigrant: The Search for Dora Lühr by Warren Bittner, CG
12. How to link Multiple Word Documents into One PDF (TechZone) by Amie Bowser Tennant
13. Foundations in DNA 2 of 5: DNA Overview by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
14. Get Organized Using Scrivener Printable Index Cards (TechZone) by Lisa Alzo
15. Getting Started in Family History - 1- Home Sources by Cheri Hudson Passey
16. Getting Started in Family History - 5 - Vital Records by Cheri Hudson Passey
17. Foundations in DNA 3 of 5: Y-DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
18. Foundations in DNA 5 of 5: Autosomal DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
19. Så jobbar du med triangulering (Swedish) by Peter Sjölund
20. How MyHeritage Enhances your Photos for Genealogical Research by Tal Erlichman
The 2nd Runner-Ups
21. Getting Started in Family History - 7 - Cemetery and Church Records by Cheri Hudson Passey
22. Utilizing the HathiTrust Digital Library for Family History Research by Colleen Robledo Greene, MLIS
23. Bridging the Gap: Finding Ancestors in the United States between 1780 and 1840 by D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS
24. Discover the new Legacy Family Tree 9 by Geoff Rasmussen
25. How to Search Genealogy on Pinterest by Lisa Lisson
26. On the Record Trail of My LDS Immigrant Ancestor by Sunny Morton
27. Foundations in DNA 4 of 5: Mitochondrial DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
28. Genealogical Treasures in Irish Archives by David Ouimette, CG
29. Sanomalehtiarkisto sukututkijan apuna (Finnish) by Juha Vuorela
30. Getting Started in Family History - 8 - Online Research: Finding family on the Internet by Cheri Hudson Passey
Access to classes in the Legacy Family Tree Webinar library are available with an webinar membership. Not a member? Become one! Or watch one of our free classes here.